Tuesday 27 July 2010

Madness, JLS, bit of a carnival and plenty of pride.


Another fine week-end (even the weather) for Thanet to celebrate. The two gigs at Quex appear to have been a massive success, most of the feedback I received was about Madness but that may be due to my age. The traffic was horrendous along the Manston Road, but I cannot see any alternatives given the Quex venue. The only saving grace for me was that the out of towners hadn't realised that you could cut through Acol, thus giving us taxi drivers an opportunity to ferry about the natives.

The Ramsgate carnival was again a little bit disappointing in terms of the amount of floats and the content. My children mentioned too many queens (including Micheal, from Micheal's hairdressers) and not enough businesses having fun in big brightly decorated lorries. Saying that I hope the carnival raised loads of money for the good causes that it supports.

Although I did not see any of the entertainment provided for the Margate Pride event it was nice to see the beach and surrounding businesses looking extremely busy.

To top off the fine weekend, I received a generous tip from our pleasant whiskered council leader and his family returning from a fish and chip supper.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A tip, what did he say?

Anonymous said...

'Get out of Thanet before there's nothing left.'